A major fire broke out on the first floor of children’s ward at Bongaigaon Civil Hospital on 28th July 2018 which created an alarming situation for the maternity patients and babies admitted in the hospital.

The Superintendent of the hospital Oly Chakraborty while speaking to our correspondent said that the fire broke out because of a short circuit in the air conditioning system of the hospital and only one child patient was present during the incident who was later transferred to Barpeta Medical College.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *